You must agree with the fact that we receive hundreds of emails every day and out of these hundreds of emails, we are only interested in a few of them.
A lot of the emails are promotional email messages that are sent by the service providers who got our email accounts at the time of registration. Sometimes there are spam emails that even pass through the pretty good spam management system of the Gmail that can contain malicious content as well.
What so ever is the case if you want to get rid of the unwanted emails on your phone, Gmail provides you with the facility to get rid of those unwanted messages. In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step how you can block and filter the spam and unwanted email messages.
How You Can Block Someone in Gmail
Some users might be confused with the fact that how they can block a sender by adding him to the block list. That is a pretty straight forward task and after its completion, their messages will be marked as spam and will automatically be moved to the Spam folder.
- First, you need to open the message of that sender which you want to block.
- Navigate to more menu button that is mainly a triangle that is available next to the Reply button you can find easily in the message header area.
- Now a menu will appear you will have to choose the Name of the person that you want to block from the menu.
- You will have to click the Block button that is available under the Block this Sender option.
- It’s done, now you just need to open your email application.
How You Can Unblock Someone in Gmail
What if you have mistakenly blocked someone or you want to unblock someone you once blocked in the Gmail, you can always do that in a few steps. After that, his messages will automatically arrive in your inbox instead of the spam folder.
- Just open the email of the person that you want to unblock from the Spam folder.
- Then navigate to the more button that is located in the header area of the email.
- Now you would be required to select the name of the person you want to unblock from the Unblock “Name” menu.
- You will have to unblock the sender by clicking Unblock that is available under the Unblock this sender option.
- You have successfully unblocked the sender.
There might be the case that you want to unblock the sender whose email is not in the spam or any other folder.
- First, you have to click the Settings icon that is available in the Gmail.
- Now you have to navigate to the Filters and Blocked Addresses category.
- The sender that is going to be unblocked should be checked under the option “The following senders are blocked”.
- Just select the Unblock selected sender’s button.
- Finally, click the Unblock option that is available under the Unblock this sender option.